We are Because They Were
Local 502 was chartered on March 3, 1914 by Operative Plasterers Association the pre cursor of the Operative Plasters and Cement Mason Association.
Under the leadership of General President Ed J McGwern and General Secretary J.C. Sully Local 502 was the first Cement Mason charter.
On February 27, 1975 broke ground on our current location at 739 S 25th Ave. Bellwood under the leadership of President Ron Thelin and Cy Yako. On April 1, 2012, the International merged Local 803 DuPage County with Local 502. The International merged Local 5 Plasterers on November 1, 2014 which created Local 502 Area 5 which we are known as today.
April 6, 2017 a ground-breaking ceremony took place on a new training center at 715 S. 25th Ave. Bellwood. Expected completion date is Late 2017.